Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Month One in Haiku

I had a wonderful weekend and a busy start to what looks like a busy (at least) two weeks, and I’ll write all of that up, but first, I thought I would summarize my first month in haiku:

Waiting done at last
And then a long flight over
Hello, Philippines

Orientation
Six of us Peace Corps Response
I like this group lots!

On to Habitat
My new digs – Pasig City
It’s right near a mall

Down to work day one
Overseas marketing plan
Lots of ideas!

Historic moment
Corazon Aquino death
She did some great things

Field trips to sites
Reading, meetings, researching
Lists, and still more thoughts

Some integration
House blessing, trying new food
A little language

Some exploration
Around Metro Manila
Jeepney, rail and bus

Cemetery, Park
Pasig River, Museum
Embracing the malls

A volunteer day
With a group of Japanese
Put me top of world

And a getaway!
Mindoro, nearby island
Waterfall, beach, friends

All in all, happy
Work, home, pals, serving
One month flew by fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment