Sunday, October 4, 2009

Some Hong Kong Pictures

The tram:

Temples are a combination of Taoist and Buddhist (with some Confucianism thrown in - and local gods, too):


I.M. Pei's Bank of China building - supposed to resemble bamboo stalks; known for bad feng shui:


From Victoria Peak:

The view from the top:

Symphony of Lights:

Vincent, a gracious host:

Star Ferry:

The view from Kowloon:

Dim Sum:

A familiar sculpture (to those who visit the Princeton campus):


World's longest escalator, to Mid-Levels:


Mao memorabilia on Cat Street:


Aberdeen floating restaurant:


Aberdeen sampan boatswoman:


Repulse Bay:

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how many "Nixon's Nose" sculptures there are! The New York Botanical Garden had a Moore exhibit of sculptures through the gardens last year, and one of these was there. Now I know there are at least three out there! Did he mass produce them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my Hong Kong book said there are eight of them, but a more-than-quick google search does not confirm that. It could be that each one is different, but my impression is that he was taken with the theme.

    ReplyDelete